Aims and research questions
The overall aim of post doc project is to explore forms of quality management systems in different municipalities and examine the use of data about educational outcomes to make decision and guide further quality development at the municipal level as well as the school level. Moreover, the project investigate possible linkages between local school governing and the practices of municipalities and schools directed towards quality development, and educational outcomes in terms of students’ achievements on national tests. In the following, the research questions are presented:
- What characterise the quality management systems in different municipalities developed to follow up the schools on their results achieved?
- In what way and to what extent is decision making and priorities at the municipal level informed by data about educational outcomes?
- In what way and to what extent do the municipalities use data about educational outcomes as part of their approach to monitor and support schools?
- How do the schools perceive and respond to the municipal quality management system and approaches to monitor and support developing their practice?
- In what way and to what extent is decision making and priorities at the school level informed by data about educational outcomes?
- In what way and to what extent is efforts initiated by the schools to improve based on data about educational outcomes?
To what extent and how do the municipalities and the schools engage themselves in the processes of “translating” the meaning of outcomes, discussing and making decisions about implications for the school practice and initiating efforts to improve, and who are involved in these processes?